The Women Working in Corrections & Juvenile Justice 2020 Committee is pleased to announce its Call for Presenters for the October 18-21, 2020 conference, at the Savannah Convention Center in Savannah, Georgia. The theme for the conference is “Future In Focus,” and you are invited to submit a presentation proposal for a breakout session that addresses issues identified in the descriptions below.
This bi-annual conference is designed to bring women from all levels of the corrections and juvenile justice fields together to examine challenging and critical issues. Preference will be given to workshop proposals that include activities, audience participation, practicing new skills, and significant knowledge enhancements. We are asking for presenters who can speak and engage participants in a variety of areas, including but not limited to:
- Corrections/Juvenile Justice practices/programs (vision/future trends, challenges, best-practices)
- Leadership, Management, Professional Development
- Health and Wellness
- Human Resources
- Veterans Issues
- Victims Issues
- Community Supervision Practices
- Gender Issues and Diversity
- Peer Support
- Officer Suicide
- Evidence Based Programs/Research
Presentation selection is based on the following criteria:
- Topical relevance to the identified theme and topics
- Clear statement of relevance to the common challenges to women in corrections
- Description of how attendees may benefit from your presentation
- Original work of the presenter
- Speaker’s topic expertise and knowledge
- Speaker’s presentation experience and skill level
- Organization and clarity
- Clearly stated and appropriate learning objectives
- Well-developed presentation to assure accomplishment of objectives
Workshop Title: Should catch the attention of participants and identify the primary focus of the workshop.
Workshop Description: A clear, concise and accurate description of the workshop as it will appear in the program (maximum: 150 words). Attendees have many programs to select from and often choose those that have well written descriptions. WWICJJ reserves the right to change the construct of a workshop description.
Training Objectives: Describe the measurable skills, knowledge, and/or new capacity the participant will gain as a result of the workshop.
Activity: Please describe any activities that will be used in the presentation. Activities will not be listed in the program but will assist with presentation selection. Preference will be given to presentations that are skill-based in nature (i.e., participants will be asked to complete a group activity to discuss potential steps to implement the described program at their home agency), or that present new research relevant to the field of community corrections.
Presenter Information: Provide name, title, agency, address, phone and email for all proposed presenters. Submissions lacking any of this information will not be considered. Panel presentations should consist of no more than four persons, including a moderator.
Resume or Vitae: Include brief resume or vitae for each presenter (not to exceed 200 words each)
Primary Presenter: Submit name and complete contact information (including email address) of the person submitting workshop proposal.
- The primary presenter is the contact person and is responsible for notifying all other presenters of acceptance, scheduling, and any other information provided by WWICJJ.
- A presenter (primary or co-presenter) may be listed on no more than two accepted Conference sessions.
- Presenters must be available to present any time during the conference (October 18-21, 2020).
- Each session is presented twice during the conference and will be limited to 90 minutes in duration.
Please submit all workshop proposals here.
- Primary speaker listed as contact will receive full registration at no cost.
- Valuable professional exposure on the event website and in event marketing materials.
- An evaluation report with session ratings and feedback following the conference.
Proposal Submission Open– October 21, 2019
Proposal Submission Closed– December 21, 2019
Proposal Results Emailed– February 1, 2020
Scheduling Notices Emailed NLT– March 30, 2020
Conference Session Presenter Registration Deadline –April 30, 2020